Thursday, July 2, 2015

May 2015 - Low Cost Portfolio Update

I was swamped with work and had difficulties finding time to update the blog.

In May, I added another $3,000 into my low cost portfolio. Total investment made YTD into the low cost portfolio was $66,000. I also took the opportunity of weaker USD & HKD in early May to buy the currency, because I plan to buy the following ETF:
1. Vanguard FTSE Asia ex Japan High Dividend Yield Index ETF (HKD denominated, listed in HKSE, code: 3085 HK)
2. iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF (USD denominated, listed in LSE, code: IWDA LN)

To diversify the time of purchase, I decided to buy the ETF with the lower PE ratio first, which was the Vanguard ETF (3085 HK). I kept the USD cash ready to purchase the iShares ETF (IWDA LN).

The portfolio value was actually down slightly due to market sell off in end May. However, when converted to SGD, there was forex gain as USD and HKD actually strengthened during market sell off.



Link to Yaruzi's low cost portfolio as of May 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment