Sunday, August 30, 2015

Don't Waste Our Life On The Pavement

"The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass." - Revelation 21:21 NKJV

"Don't waste our life on the pavement" was the powerful sermon message I came across this morning. It reminded me on what our true purpose in this world was What are we living for? Are we living just to eat our bread of toil? To pile up the gold and the treasures? One day, the gold we fight so hard for our whole life, will be worthless. Because we'll walk over the pavement made of pure gold, if our names are found in the book of life.

Or in the financial blog term, to build the war chest? What will happen if the Alpha and the Omega decided our time is up, before we can use our war chest? Or worst, before we get to enjoy the result of successful deployment of our war chest ...

Yes, as long as we live, we'll need the bread, the gold, and the treasures. They're the mean, but they're not the destination. So let's remind ourselves, not to get too fixated with them, or even worship them. There is a higher calling for each of us, like showing care to the people we love and people we don't.

By the way, I just got to know a new friend, Derek, from TheFinance.sg. I felt very honored to have my blog added in his web site. I have also added the link to TheFinance.sg in my blog roll.

Happy Sunday All.

4 comments:

  1. Yaruzi,

    That makes you and I the few who mixes spirituality with financial matters ;)

    And I'm only an agnostic!

    What more for spiritual people with strong faiths!?

    I've squared my circle of "none attachment" by not having goals of accumulation. I'm just keeping my awareness of my entries and exits - just like my breath, in and out.

    I see you have squared your circle too ;)

    Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! SMOL, I do not want to wake up one day, realizing I have lived my life in vain when my days are numbered :-). As cliche as it sounds, I'd like to live my life to the fullest.

    Nah, I didn't fit into the spiritual group with strong faith. I'll say I'm more in the group of the recovered lost, the restored fallen, and the forgiven sinner ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah.. am I seeing another Asahi kaki here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derek, I'm actually more a coffee uncle than a beer guy. But hey, may be I can deal with the change. Again thank you for adding my blog in your web site.

    ReplyDelete