Monday, March 7, 2016

February 2016 - Low Cost Portfolio Update

In the height of panic with the sell-off in stock markets and oil, global bank stocks were hammered badly. Triggered by concerns on Deutsche Bank capability to repay it's debt, news were flashing everywhere as we're going to have GFC all over again.

Seeing the news flashing, I just knew instinctively that I'd need to buy Deutsche Bank or ANY bank stocks. I had to say I hesitated to get Deutsche Bank as it had riskier investment banking business, and decided to go with the "safest" bank in Asia instead. I thought if it's GFC all over again, I wanted to hold onto banks that had the highest probability to survive. So I bought 300 shares of DBS @ 13.19 on 9 Feb 2016.

No fresh fund injected in Feb 2016 and the portfolio received dividends and cash distributions of USD 64.51 and $368.89 from the following:
  • ABF Pan Asian Index Fund USD 64.51
  • STI ETF SGD 214.20
  • Capitaland Commercial Trust SGD 103.44
  • First REIT SGD 52.25


Link to Yaruzi's low cost portfolio as of Feb 2016

2 comments:

  1. crazy thought: If DB collapses the whole system will go down cus of its massive derivatives book. Then gold will spike. So I bought a few units of DB and hedged with gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joel, congrats with your DB purchase. Be greedy when others are fearful.

    ReplyDelete