Sunday, September 25, 2016

How Does Yaruzi's Low Cost Portfolio Stack Up?

I was curious on how my low cost portfolio has performed, compared to similar fund managed by professional fund managers. As my portfolio was incepted on 30 March 2015, I used 2 year annualized return of balanced funds for bench-marking. Balanced fund invest in both equities and fix income.

The result is rather encouraging, as my portfolio rank #14 and beat 70% of professionally managed balanced fund (see table below). Balanced funds that was less than 2 years were excluded. On a YTD basis, my low cost portfolio with return of 9.76% will rank #4 and beat 94% of the other 58 balanced fund. On a longer term basis e.g. 10 years, there is only 1 fund that return more than 4%, which is First State Bridge. I guess overall not too bad huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment