Friday, January 5, 2018

2017 Was A Better Year

I was comparing the total portfolio value according to my personal spreadsheets vs the total portfolio value in my POEMS statements and found a significant difference in amount reported. POEMS statements showed a higher total portfolio value compared to my own spreadsheets. I had to go through the numbers again to find where the difference came from.

Apparently I made a few mistakes when updating the portfolio since October 2017, as I forgot to update the increase in quantity of Fullterton Short Term Interest Rate Fund C. I also overstated total fresh fund added into portfolio, which was $88,000 instead of $90,000.

Correcting all the numbers since October, it turned out the portfolio performance in 2017 was better than 2016. Return YTD for 2017 was a respectable 8.29%, XIRR for 2017 was 8.89%, and XIRR since inception was 7.49%. Final portfolio value was $642,482.65 and the portfolio actually made $49,185.80 in total profit including dividends for 2017! Wow!

All past posts for October 2017, November 2017, and December  2017 were now corrected.

2 comments:

  1. Gratz. Financial journey is fun as long we are Winning !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you too Cory. You did better :-). Win or lose is part of the game, but yes I do hope we can do decent in the long run.

      Delete