Sunday, March 11, 2018

February 2018 - Yaruzi's Portfolio Update

I wasn't doing much to the portfolio in February. While there was an increase in volatility, equity market was trading within the range where it didn't trigger a new buy or new sell for me. Portfolio value decreased to $657,325.86, despite me injecting $4,000 fresh fund. Return YTD was 1.05%, XIRR YTD was 6.74%, and XIRR since inception was 7.42%. Portfolio allocation stood at 35.62% for equity and 64.38% for bonds and cash.

I received total dividends of $883.75, lower compared to $895.29 which I received Feb last year. However it's expected as I sold some of my equity holdings in January.

DateSecurities NameFCYSGD
2-Feb-2018ABF PAIF (USD)40.00 52.18
7-Feb-2018BT Group PLC (GBP)27.55 50.62
13-Feb-2018British Land Co PLC (GBP)18.66 34.10
20-Feb-2018STI ETF222.60 222.60
23-Feb-2018Capitaland Retail China Trust48.14 48.14
28-Feb-2018Ascott REIT205.16 205.16
28-Feb-2018Capitaland Commercial Trust36.90 36.90
28-Feb-2018Capitamall Trust121.80 121.80
28-Feb-2018First REIT53.75 53.75
28-Feb-2018Starhill Global REIT58.50 58.50

I anticipate a slower growth of my portfolio this year mainly due to lower contribution expected. I'd be using some of my savings to help my sister, who were going through some rough patch. My Heavenly Father had been generous to me in all aspects of my life, and I felt unexplained joy helping my family though it would mean I needed more time to achieve my initial projection.

There was also shake-up at the senior management level in the place where I worked. In this uncertain time, I'm pretty sure many of my colleagues will be concern in term of job security. However I fully entrust my future in God's hand, as I have seen His grace and favour to be where I am today.

“Therefore I tell you, stop being worried or anxious (perpetually uneasy, distracted) about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, as to what you will wear. Is life not more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow [seed] nor reap [the harvest] nor gather [the crops] into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by worrying can add one hour to [the length of] his life?” - Matthew 6:25-27 AMP



Link to Yaruzi's low cost portfolio as of February 2018

7 comments:

  1. Nice blog, and you have a considerable amount under your portfolio. Respect. I just started my journey not long ago and I am already in my mid thirties, then I noticed you have similar experience. May I ask what triggered you to start the journey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi clim, you may want to search my blog site for "How Great Is Thy Love For Me", which was written in 4 parts. It will tell you my story. The events surrounding my life during the Global Financial Crisis taught me that I had my order of priority in life absolutely wrong. Achieving financial independence is just a mean for me to get out of the rat race and to allow me do something useful for the community and society.

      Delete
    2. Hi Yaruzi thanks for the reply. I have read all the 4 parts, what an amazing recovery that you had. God's plan is really unthinkable but yet the best. Really thankful for your sharing, it has reminded me to put my priorities right in my life.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Hey Bro,

    Stay strong! God will see you through

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you UN ... He had, He is, and He will.

      Delete
  3. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Hope all is good with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, thanks for the well wishes Alex and welcome to my blog.

      Delete