Monday, October 22, 2018

Recent Sale - Prada Spa, Chow Tai Fook, CNOOC, Vanguard FTSE AS

I take the opportunity by selling into strength today. I continued to reduce my exposure to consumer discretionary and cyclical stocks to manage my portfolio downside risk.

Sold 1000 shares of Prada Spa @ HKD 28.15. For a holding period of 2 years 5 months, it gave me a CAGR of 5.43% including dividends. I really need to work on when to sell!
Sold 5800 shares of Chow Tai Fook @ HKD 7.02. For a holding period of 2 years 7 months, it gave me a CAGR of 23.23% including dividends. I like Chow Tai Fook as it rewarded its shareholders with pretty decent dividends.
Sold 4000 shares of CNOOC @ HKD 14.5. For a holding period of almost 3 years, it gave me a CAGR of 23.24% including dividends. CNOOC is a stock in the energy sector that I considered cyclical. I still have BP PLC & Royal Dutch Shell PLC-B which I plan to hold and possibly add when there is good buying opportunity.
Sold 4000 units of Vanguard FTSE AS @ HKD 20.45. For a holding period of 3 years 5 months, it gave me a CAGR of 1.95% including dividends. I plan to rely less on ETF and construct my own portfolio.

Portfolio equity allocation is now reduced to 31.98%, while bond & cash allocation is now increased to 68.02%.

No comments:

Post a Comment