Saturday, February 10, 2018

January 2018 - Yaruzi's Portfolio Update

We're about 1 week into Chinese New Year. Geez man! As in my previous post, the STI hitting 3600, triggered me to rebalance my portfolio as I needed to bring down my equity allocation to below 40%. I sold VanEck Vectors Gold Miners UCITS ETF (+8.34%), Deutsche Bank (+41.61%), Hugo Boss (+68.05%),  Bayer Motoren WK (+37.62%), SIA (+10.70%), and Capitaland Commercial Trust (+55.3%). Their individual CAGR was between 6.92% and 48.7% with average holding period of about 1.5 years.

As of end January, my equity holding was 35.53% of the portfolio. The remaining 64.47% was in short term bonds and cash. Total portfolio increased to $660,991.46 after profit and $4,000 fresh fund from my monthly contributions. As of end January, portfolio return YTD was 2.24%, XIRR YTD was 30.02%, and XIRR since inception was 8.59%. Total dividends received was $290.76.

DateSecurities NameFCYSGD
10-Jan-2018Singtel245.00 245.00
12-Jan-2018Vanguard FTSE AS (HKD)270.62 45.76 

Did I foresee that there would be blood bath in the market in February? Absolutely NO. But I believe Psalm 127:2 meant exactly that when it said, blessings came into God's beloved when they sleep.

"In vain do you get up early
and put off going to bed,
working hard to earn a living;
for He provides for His beloved,
even when they sleep."
-Psalm 127:2 CSB

Link to Yaruzi's low cost portfolio as of January 2018