Sunday, January 11, 2015

Krispy Kreme vs Dunkin Donuts

My youngest daughter got a free online voucher for an original glazed doughnut from Krispy Kreme through the chat application LINE. She asked me and my wife to accompany her last Sunday. However because we're going somewhere else, we told her that we'd redeem it next week or some other days.



So she asked again this morning. But alas, the voucher unfortunately expired on 9 January 2015. Not wanting to disappoint her, both I and my wife decided to buy 2 pieces for her and the eldest sister.

While we're in the queue, I saw 1 piece of original glazed doughnut cost $2.60. My eldest daughter saw the price too and told me to buy her Dunkin Donuts instead, because it's cheaper and probably she could get 2 pieces for the same price. She would eat one today and kept another one for school recess on Monday. That way, my wife wouldn't need to prepare food for her, and she wouldn't need to spend her pocket money.

Such thought coming from a 10 year old actually surprised me. I ended up buying a piece of Krispy Kreme for my youngest daughter and half a dozen of Dunkin Donuts for $9 or $1.50 each, enough for the whole family.

As we're walking to the bus stop, I told my eldest daughter to study math well. I told her that I would teach her the power of compounding, and she might just have her first million by saving bit by bit from young and invested them wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment